Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nespresso  (Read 22043 times)
KaZ

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2010, 03:26:55 PM »

Has anyone tried Nespresso?

here's an article from Fortune for your reading pleasure: How Nespresso turned coffee pods into a high-class business http://bit.ly/bmaTRi
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:39:07 PM by KaZ » Logged
cwloo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »

Tried a few of the variants. If you want quick coffee using the capsule/pod system, the Nespresso machines range is really, really good looking. Buy them if you entertain a lot at home/office, cause they sure ain't cheap! Don't think you can buy them in Malaysia at the moment though, Singapore is the closest place to get it. My first impression of Nespresso is the 10m queue outside their store in Paris, what a sight!

Piccolo's the way to go!
kkyoon
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:13:26 PM »

I've had the "ristretto" version of Nespresso ( the one in the black coloured pod ). It was pretty bitter, maybe I should have tried the other ones.

Given the importance of coffee freshness, it's not a bad solution compared to buying preground coffee in a tin/brick.
KaZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 03:32:37 PM »

Had a few variants in Hong Kong. I must say not bad.
Over here, the serve it at Bangi Golf Club (of all places...)
mistercheah
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 08:24:41 AM »

Had a ristretto, http://www1.nespresso.com/precom/n_espresso_my_en.html?s=1,  yesterday. The taste was pretty okay in that there was not bitterness or sourness. The flavors  and aroma was slightly understated. But as a whole the experience is pretty positive for me. BTW I was having the 1/2 cup i.e. 25 ml.

+1 for the convenience. I can imagine how easy it is every morning to have a shot before going to the office without having to set up and clean up the machine. Heard from my friend that it is around RM2.00++ per pop. She mentioned the price has come down lately. Understand that the pod can only be gotten from SG. So far unavailable in MY.

Drinking Coffee, Living Life
cwloo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 09:19:19 PM »

The hotel room i stayed in Rome has a Nespresso machine and some selections of different capsules. The machine is made by Krup, and boy the small plasticky thing can make some noise! Coffee is, ermmm, well, I was in Rome...

When there, I bought 4 tubes (10pcs each) of the capsule for my brother, cost 3.50EUR each tube. Not bad prices actually... Some variants cost more though...

Piccolo's the way to go!
cfteh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 03:53:13 PM »

Well, I do have a Nespresso Le Cube at home. Got it from Australia last June when I made a visit there. The coffee is above average, at least it beats 90% of cafes in Penang ... haha.

Normally I order the pods online and they usually ships within 3 -5 days. Normal capsule cost RM1.80 per pods and Lungo I think cost RM2 per pods. Well, it surely is better and cheaper than Old Town coffee to me.
Smiley

The thing I like most about Nespresso is the convenience it gave, as I can have a cup of nice coffee before I go to work, without the hassle of cleaning lots of stuff. But I admit, self brew espresso using good beans will surely taste better, but I can compromise a bit of quality for the convenience I get.

Before Nespresso, I used to have 3-in-1 coffee in the morning, and it seems like instant noodle to me, taste bad and not healthy. Haha.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:57:56 PM by cfteh » Logged
Den

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »

My friend has been ordering the capsule from the following, any Nespresso user can start to place your order.

Here is the link for nespresso:

http://www1.nespresso.com/precom/home_my_en.html?

Freephone:
1800 80 7001
Freefax:
1800 80 7077
mistercheah
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 09:39:36 PM »

Ordering Nespresso pods is easy. Just join the Nespresso club via their website. Thereafter, you'll be entitled to order the pods. If the order is more than 150 pods then the shipping is free. Otherwise, they charge RM25.00 for shipping and handling. Turnaround time is about 3-4 days. Prices ranges from RM1.80 - RM2.20 depending on the bean type.

Drinking Coffee, Living Life
Franktan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 08:53:59 AM »

Had a few variants in Hong Kong. I must say not bad.
Over here, the serve it at Bangi Golf Club (of all places...)

Nespresso is also served in DRINKS Cafe in Sri Petaling.
Located in the new shop lots, same row as oldtown kopitiam.
PQ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »

Was in ClubMed a few months ago and had a lot of Nespresso there - all their machines are Nespresso and unlimited food and drinks was part of the package.

I must say that it was decent enough to have it twice a day. I like my coffee but not addicted to caffeine, so I can go without coffee for weeks (e.g. travelling in China) when there is nothing decent.

Like most Nespresso bars - you order by the colour. The bar tenders don't know what they were serving, so I mainly had black (espresso) and tried some green (ristretto). Did not try the brown (decaf) and can't remember what the red was.

The espresso blend was pleasant - traditional bitter sweet southern Italian type roast. Of course no stale sourness, thanks to the packaging. However, the ristretto was disappointing, since there ware no bitterness of a long pour to mask the delicate notes that comes out first, it was obvious that the lighter fragrance notes were missing - it was just a cup of slightly sour, slightly sweet cup of dark liquid with nothing else.

All in all, Nespresso is a godsent for general F&B outlets and offices - finally seriously decent coffee with a push of a button - but definitely not specialty coffee.

cwloo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 10:06:19 AM »

New Nespresso machines for the minimalist office. And I'm really interested in the cups...

http://www.coolhunting.com/food-drink/nespresso-pixie.php

Piccolo's the way to go!
holme

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 09:32:44 AM »

New Nespresso machines for the minimalist office. And I'm really interested in the cups...

http://www.coolhunting.com/food-drink/nespresso-pixie.php

I didn't know Malaysia don't have Nespresso.

Anyway I got the machine from
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/mass-order-corner-251/nespresso-coffee-espresso-machine-singapore-malaysia-thailand-indo-philippine-mass-order-4-a-3528226.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: